Sunday, December 7, 2008

#45 Dcemeber 7th (3D Artist)

Stéphane Vigny


The work is playful and is often modernizing old inventions or designs and giving it a unique twist. I love the play on florescent bulbs and making them appear to be candles. I also love the new cuckoo clock- the speaker. Unfortunately, the website is not in english, so I can't quite figure out what the artist has to say about the pieces but maybe that is an advantage to myself.

the piece "Iceberg" is interesting. It is a child's seesaw mounted onto the bottom of a car. Obviously, with an iceberg, it is that you can only see the tip, but not the real trouble below. But I am having a hard time connecting the child's seesaw with a vehicle. Possibly it is a comment on the passage of time and growing up. One minute your child is enjoying the seesaw and playgrounds, the next your teen is now driving a car.




No comments: