Tuesday, December 9, 2008

#66 U is for gay unicorn surrounded by peppermints and ejaculating rainbows

3rd assignment in illustration. working on ideas for kid alphabet books. I got the letter U and my group decided on mystical creatures. That leaves me with a damn unicorn. I hate drawing horses and unicorns. Terrible. Horses are the most overrated animal on the planet next to dolphins and pikachu.

But I went with it. I made my gay unicorn so gay looking. He had to be made this way. I had a dream that my unicorn was surrounded by a mound of hard candies. I went with peppermints because they are fun to draw and easy to recognize and I was able to keep a minimal amount of colors in this piece.

used a new technique that Bill showed us. Charcoal and gesso. I also used acrylic paint. Liked this technique so I have been doing a bunch of pieces this way to kind of learn the material and get comfortable with it.


No comments: